Search the forum,

Discuss Working on the books in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
What hourly rate on the books is considered deceng these days ??

At 37.5 hours a week, that's just £8.20 per hour:eek:
A flippin cleaner gets more than that!

Anyone even considering that as a trained engineer should reassess their future in the game IMHO. To bring up a family you will need at least £30-35k.

£16 - £18 is about the going rate for a Gas safe and Oftec engineer in my area with a van ,mobile phone and must be prepared to work extra hours and be on call on a rota system.

Seems ok for a 40 hour week

16,000 divided by 52 to give a weekly amount. Divide that by 37.5 to give an hourly rate!
16000 / 52 = 307.69 per week. Divide 307.69 by 37.5 to get hourly rate = £8.20.

Please explain where I'm going wrong!

40 hours

I took it that Scott meant 16 quid an hour and it looks like Dave's workings was for 16 grand a year.

But I don't know if my eyes or brain is being affected by trying to get rid of my Christmas drink supply. Quietly polishing off the Newcastle Brown.

Reply to Working on the books in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days it's increased whilst cold...is this a regular problem.
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
Can anyone remember the Mira mixer shower that would work down to a really low pressure on a vented hot water system without a shower pump?
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock