Currently reading:
worst situation

Discuss worst situation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hunterseye

Was just wondering as plumbers, what is the worst situation you've ever found yourselves in whilst plumbing. be good to read some of your stories.

Was just wondering as plumbers, what is the worst situation you've ever found yourselves in whilst plumbing. be good to read some of your stories.

I'm guessing you've got something to share hunterseye? :)

.....as a boy, setting fire to a University by trying to dry out bitumen paint in guttering with a blow torch.....woosh!

Eighth floor of a tower block changing a 22mm stopcock.
Got the apprentice to get stopcock from the shop earlier.

Main froze nicely, I cut old stopcock out, went to fit new one only to find sprog had picked up a 20mm stopcock.

Took 30 mins to get the correct valve and in the meantime the main had thawed and sent many tons of water down the service shaft flooding several flats.

My fault really for not checking the materials.

Put this in the Plumbers Arms and you'll get a better response. Most don't like to air their dirty washing!!

Seriously one of the nastiest was doing a therm shower swap for a bloke that had been wiping his rse on the shower curtain

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Seriously one of the nastiest was doing a therm shower swap for a bloke that had been wiping his rse on the shower curtain

You've mentioned that one a few times mate. I shiver each time I read it.

Opening up the side of a shower pump thinking it was isolated. Only for very hot water to gush out. Gate valve was broken, and there wasn't even a pipe I could put my finger over as it was coming from the side of the pump. As I ran down the stairs, to get out to the van for tools and the wet vac, I ran under the room I was working in. Water was pouring in through the ceiling.

Luckilly the damage wasn't as bad as it first seemed. I went back and redecorated when it had dried out. The floor was tiled so no carpet damage. Client actually used me again for other work. It was lonely being on my own that day.

Can't honestly think of a time i hated more as a plumber.

I would have refused mate. Fair play to you for man-ing up!!

What a dirty git though. Was he mental? Why would you do that?

I would have refused mate. Fair play to you for man-ing up!!

What a dirty git though. Was he mental? Why would you do that?

5mins in and out. Yes he was a care in the community type. His care worker authorised my payment.

Why? Because he had run out of room on the towel:banghead:

In bed with a customer , something biting my feet after we'd nodded off. , the hamster had escaped gave me a heart attack

As long as he didn't lick it clean afterwards.

In bed with a customer , something biting my feet after we'd nodded off. , the hamster had escaped gave me a heart attack

????! "In bed with a customer" ! - surely not the worst situation :grin: (except the hamster biting!)

Last edited:
The landlord paid for the work she was the bonus lol

Thank god it was a she. When i read your first post bod i thought you'd been at it with a pet shop boy:D

I just thought i'd post a light hearted conversation starter. its good to hear some of these tales. i suspect i'll be on the recieving end of one before long lol.

I went for a dump in a customers toilet and would you believe it the toilet paper had run out. I had to wipe my rse on the shower curtain.

Here's one I may have shared before ....

Called to do a repair, knocked on the door and a middle aged gent dressed in a pink 'babydoll' dressing gown answered (very effeminate voice) .... He let me in, explained the issue and I quickly diagnosed the need to go upstairs :) His hot water tank, diverter and pump were in the loft!

I borrowed his ladder and he asked if i mind if he has a shower? "Not in the slightest!" I said, some what relieved that he was going to be occupied!

I set up the steps, climbed to the top and just started to lift the loft hatch when I heard the same soft voice say "would you like me to hold the ladder for you?" I looked down and there, bollick naked was he, dripping wet, tackle and all to see!

Here's one I may have shared before ....

Called to do a repair, knocked on the door and a middle aged gent dressed in a pink 'babydoll' dressing gown answered (very effeminate voice) .... He let me in, explained the issue and I quickly diagnosed the need to go upstairs :) His hot water tank, diverter and pump were in the loft!

I borrowed his ladder and he asked if i mind if he has a shower? "Not in the slightest!" I said, some what relieved that he was going to be occupied!

I set up the steps, climbed to the top and just started to lift the loft hatch when I heard the same soft voice say "would you like me to hold the ladder for you?" I looked down and there, bollick naked was he, dripping wet, tackle and all to see!

HA!!! Brilliant. What did you do?

HA!!! Brilliant. What did you do?

I puffed my chest out and in the deepest possible bloke like Geordie voice said "echemmmm! No its alreet mate I can manage on me own!!!" .. Words to that effect ... Pushed the loft hatch up and climbed in. I had a loft light already plugged in so I didn't have to climb down, thank God!!! :) I have this image burnt into my cortex though!! Shakin my head doesn't get it to go away, that was about 8yrs ago!!!

I was cutting through a central heating pipe after draining the system. Unfortunately it hadn't drained fully and the cutting wheel on my slice broke! Water through the ceiling whilst I panicked, got another slice and plugged the pipe with my finger!

Refilling a central heating system and hearing a gush of water and then remembering that I hadn't tightened a compression joint in a stud wall!

Washer split in a fill valve, turned water on in loft, came down to see water spraying out, ran back into loft and isolate pipe. Checked damage to see water running down the walls in the kitchen. Customer was ace, he simple said "take a seat and have a coffee and 5 mins"!

Now you'll all think I'm a rubbish plumber, but we all learn from mistakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worst situation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock