Discuss Worst time of my life! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've no idea why you posted that, same pictures. Am I missing something?

this

Untitled.jpg

says its wrong not 100 but not too bad seen worse

compared to my neighbours in which the lead is over the tiles looks perfect and not like mine with big gaps and cut tiles on display and lead flashing under the tiles on the left side and over on the right side and big gaps. pictures don't do it justice you have to see it in the flesh so to speak

compared to my neighbours in which the lead is over the tiles looks perfect and not like mine with big gaps and cut tiles on display and lead flashing under the tiles on the left side and over on the right side and big gaps. pictures don't do it justice you have to see it in the flesh so to speak

as you look at it left hand side is how i would of dont it, dont put it ontop of the tiles as water could seep its way under and in

The lead slate looks like it will keep it watertight, but lead should really be all on show above the tiles apart from the upper part (at back of flue) which should be up below the tiles for a few inches. Seen a lot worse.

If you put the lead below tiles, there is a danger of rain being blown in sideways.
Lead ideally should be over the tiles well beyond the flue and pushed up below the first layer of tiles that are immediately above the upper part of where flue exits roof.
In other words, - you want the rain water to never go below the tiles.

If you put the lead below tiles, there is a danger of rain being blown in sideways.
Lead ideally should be over the tiles well beyond the flue and pushed up below the first layer of tiles that are immediately above the upper part of where flue exits roof.
In other words, - you want the rain water to never go below the tiles.

normally fillet the sides with cement

as you look at it left hand side is how i would of dont it, dont put it ontop of the tiles as water could seep its way under and in

I know what you mean Shaun, but even on flat roof tiles like that, the lead slate only has to be plenty big each side of the flue to prevent water entering. Really no different than a tile or slate overlapping another.

Rosemary's are a pita.

What are you moaning about. You have a bit of both there and it won't leak lol.

Btw i would have done it all round like the left side (with one tile more cover) which is a better way imo than your neighbours but what do i know i'm only a plumber.

If your not happy get them back.
Btw big gas or whoever it was don't do roofwork. They won't go up more than 2 steps without a harness.
The subby will feel your pain when you complain as it will be kicked straight back to him at his expense.
Btw i agree with you. I'd complain not because it wasn't like next doors but because it wasn't even.

normally fillet the sides with cement

I guess you could do that and make a decent looking job of it, but the lead will have no support on roofs that have only batons (no solid sarking).
A lot of plumbers seem to just smash the tiles any old place and leave the slate hanging and gradually sagging in the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worst time of my life! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi need some advice on this odd story, I had a Bosch boiler installed just over 2 years ago by Governments home energy scheme. The company passed...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This...
Replies
Views
Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
Hi all I've been reading about the Drayton Wiser system and along the way I began to go down a rabbit hole learning about heating system...
Replies
Views
New here so hopefully I'm posting in the right place. I've just started having a problem with a toilet we had professional installed and wanted...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock