Discuss Worst time of my life! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never put cement on a flashing...............capilliary ;)
Learn how to do it right and there is more than one way to skin a horse but no cement is ever involved.

new one on me never had an issue

Yet but you will.

The method of flashing should do the job on its own without having to shove cement silicon or whatever else in to "help" seal it.
One of my pet hates is seeing a cemented in valley. Screams idiot to me. No plumber or as we are now loosing leadwork to roofers, i've ever met would do that.
Miles worse than hacking the back out of a WC with a grinder lol

If you put the lead below tiles, there is a danger of rain being blown in sideways.
Lead ideally should be over the tiles well beyond the flue and pushed up below the first layer of tiles that are immediately above the upper part of where flue exits roof.
In other words, - you want the rain water to never go below the tiles.

Depends where you live in the country.The std way in Scotland is under the tiles with a fold on the edge of the flashing. Nothing will ever blow past it.
The std English way is over the tile which with our weather and winds would allow tracking.
Same as you won't ever see a step flashing down a skew up here unless it is soakers. Cos it doesn't work.

Okay, fair enough guys. :smile:
Most of lead slates I do are thankfully on large tile roofs, and many of which have tiles with rolls on them - lead over the top and over a roll each side and no water could ever get past.
We sometimes get rain here as well. :grin:

Honestly cant see any problems whatsoever with that install so far, i think the op dosent know what they are talking about

Intrigued to hear "the story"

I'm not! Secure flue, screwed and clipped would suggest there's nothing to see here.

I'd imagine there's a subcontractor who's now got to wait longer for his hard earnt money.

I'm not! Secure flue, screwed and clipped would suggest there's nothing to see here.

I'd imagine there's a subcontractor who's now got to wait longer for his hard earnt money.

Depends what the first attempt was like but yea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worst time of my life! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi need some advice on this odd story, I had a Bosch boiler installed just over 2 years ago by Governments home energy scheme. The company passed...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This...
Replies
Views
Forgive my ignorance, with this basic question, but I seem to be struggling to both understand, search for, and source, the appropriate washer...
Replies
Views
Hi all I've been reading about the Drayton Wiser system and along the way I began to go down a rabbit hole learning about heating system...
Replies
Views
New here so hopefully I'm posting in the right place. I've just started having a problem with a toilet we had professional installed and wanted...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock