Discuss x400 indirectley causing system to run cooler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put some x400 into my old system to try and cure a kettling issue. after a few days it seems better but the system doesn't seem to heat up as well. ideas.

The heat exchanger is probably cleaner so therefore the flow of water through the boiler will be greater so it will give the water less time to heat up.

Check what pump speed is on/ size of pump

probably just over thinking/ checking. turn your stats up if your cold :)

watching temps on a digital k-type meter and the flow and return differential has dropped from 11-12 to 6-8, and the flow temp is struggling to reach into the 50's.

obviously the x400 has shifted something, but not sure I that's a good thing or not.

ok temps before x400 with pump on setting 2 and boiler stat on 6 (max):

5min 34 diff 9
10min 38 diff 9-10
15min 43 diff 10
20min 46 diff 10
25min 50 diff 11
30min 53 diff 12
35min 57 diff 13
40min 62 diff 14
45min 67 diff 16
50min 71 diff 17-18

maybe trv's were closing, but I still have a rad in the hall that's dosent have a trv and both lockshields are fully open.

after x400 for about 5 days:

0min 23 diff 6-7
5min 28 diff 8
10min 31 diff 8
15min 35 diff 8
20min 38 diff 8
25min 41 diff 8
30min 44 diff 9
35min 47 diff 9
40min 50 diff 9-10

52min 58 diff 11

then about 30mins later with boiler cycling on its stat:

65 diff 10

so it appears to have made the differential more stable, but at the cost of a very long heat up.

New boiler new boiler. It's been through the wars and as its in a low spot probably full of sludge. Blast it out with mains pressure and a wet vac. Use the capped grav circs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to x400 indirectley causing system to run cooler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock