Discuss x800 foaming up way too much!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OGBUzzard

hi everyone I usually use fx2 for flushing with the neutralising crystals but the plumbers shop near this job only had x800. I remember using x800 a lot when I was an apprentice but don't remember having this problem before. I've scraped out two buckets of foam and I'm only half way through the flush... haven't made a beard yet might make my face itch... anyone know what causes the foaming because I never have this problem with the fx2....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363261622051.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363261622051.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 55
Its a dispersant cleaner similar to fairy liquid, great for cleaning dishes, not great for central heating as it means those bubbles are in the pipe making it very difficult to get back out!

Quick look on sentinel website says x800 is 40% edta

Safety of Disodium EDTA | eHow.co.uk

Explains the foaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to x800 foaming up way too much!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock