Discuss Y plan provides hot water when turned off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Something strange there allright, you could remove the wires from the HW ON and HW OFF terminals, then probe both terminals, with HW switched to OFF then there should be 230V on these terminals and 0V on HW ON terminals, with HW switched to ON then 230V on HW ON terminals and 0V on the HW OFF terminals, this should prove the programmer is OK?.

I will give that a go, do you mean probe the wiring in the control centre on the terminals there
So basically there should be 230v on which ever terminal im asking for
HW on 230v on terminal 6
HW off 230v on terminal 7
If this isn't the case the timers got an issue, if it is the case I'm literally at a dead end

You could try it that way but if there is still 23oV at terminal 6 with HW OFF then I would be inclined to probe at the programmer itself with the wire removed from the HW ON terminal, if that switches on/off wirh HW switched on/off then the fault somewhere is.
Here is a schematic of the mid position valve which makes it easier to undersatand, its a very clever device, its shown in the HW position, completely unpowered.

Attachments

• Honeywell Mid Position Valve Schematic.gif
    Honeywell Mid Position Valve Schematic.gif
    20.3 KB · Views: 11
You could try it that way but if there is still 23oV at terminal 6 with HW OFF then I would be inclined to probe at the programmer itself with the wire removed from the HW ON terminal, if that switches on/off wirh HW switched on/off then the fault somewhere is.
Here is a schematic of the mid position valve which makes it easier to undersatand, its a very clever device, its shown in the HW position, completely unpowered.
John
Thank you for all your help, changed the timer and it's all working perfect
Forum to the rescue again

Reply to Y plan provides hot water when turned off in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock