Discuss yellow pages in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael c

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Sales person just left, only called them as a local lad said he gets plenty buisiness through them. Qouted 660 for a premier listing for my wider area including a video. They claim that my ad would be viewed on average 170 times a month and claim that usually results in 65% of views making calls. It would garauntee my advert in top 3 on yell.com. I've seen the old threads on this so thinking maybe keep my money but does any one have any recent experience?

Since I expressed an interest 3 years ago I kid you not they've rang every single day since, even from different numbers. If they was that good it would be the other way round, they wouldn't need to hound me IMO

Yellow pages contain the huge amount of data of business related things.

I did yell more out of curiosity as got plenty of work got three small jobs out of it in a year needles to say they didn't cover the cost of the advert

Yell told me over 4000 views on my heavy priority listing last year! I know for a fact I only got a couple small jobs from it... I always ask where they saw my advert etc!

Expensive waste of time crap. Who reads the yellow pages these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to yellow pages in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in...
Replies
Views
I'm coming on this forum and moderating all posts for a good few weeks, and running searches on old posts. I'm noticing things, and some are being...
Replies
Views
K
So I am still in the process of starting up my business, I thought of of looking for a business mentor so i can run ideas from to help me. I mean...
Replies
Views
Kevin Powell
K
Hi Moved into a property last year, combi system installed 3-5 years ago. Ready to start ripping radiators out as heating system is doing my head...
Replies
Views
I found out tonight that my website is on page 2 of the Google search results. It used to be very high on page 1, 2nd real website at one point...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock