Discuss yellow plastic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevetheplumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
do i need any special traing /certs to use the yellow plastic gas pipe underground i know it has to be grp sleeved as it comes out of the floor and it will be one continuous length from meter at front of house to garage at rear all external

Its different methods I know but Its down to the instalation volume of the gas pipe and meter as you know

There is no approved training scheme. But gs say you should be competent

Try askin a few manufacturers and see what they say

I know for fusion weld you have to have a special ticket. But for compression I'm not sure

Is the yellow plastic pipe allowed on an installation after the gas meter? I had a call a couple days ago asking me to look at a job later this week in which the yellow plastic has been used from the gas meters in a block of flats. I havn't seen it yet, but I want to arm myself with all the relevant info. Are any particular fittings required?

Is the yellow plastic pipe allowed on an installation after the gas meter? I had a call a couple days ago asking me to look at a job later this week in which the yellow plastic has been used from the gas meters in a block of flats. I havn't seen it yet, but I want to arm myself with all the relevant info. Are any particular fittings required?

Yes it's no problem after the meter
Site Ige/up/2
Along as it protected and installed correctly

Only issue you may have is your tickets. This is unusually found on installs exceeding 0.0035m3

Ok cool, I have only ever seen it before the meter before. What kind of protection is required for the pipe? I will check out the volume when I am on site.

Its for external use only but potentially,you could have installation pipework buried outside.

I suppose the ideal fitting to use to make the transition from inside to out would be a standard service house entry Tee which would give you a 3/4 MSP pipe sleeve through the wall to inside and then a PE valved tee on the outside of the wall. Of course you would then have to use draw lock tooling to complete the joint. All PE pipe must be sleeved or buried to avoid exposure to daylight which degrades PE over time. Ideally if burying it,line the trench with sand so that there are no jagged bits and cover the pipe with some sand and lay some marker tape. Provide a plan for the householder so that it can be found in years to come !

So it cannot be used internally? Does it have to be sleeved with anything in particular or will anything do just to protect it from daylight?

I spoke to gas safe and it is only for underground, external use. No gas pipe in a property can be plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to yellow plastic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock