Discuss Yorkshire 3/8" plastic pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been doing plumbing and heating for 11 years since leaving school and this week I came across this pipe for the first time and severely struggled to find anyone who knew what i was on about when ringing around for a fitting. If you are unaware of the pipe its a dark grey colour and fittings are solvent weld. Kuterlite apparently do a fitting that is compression to 15mm. I used a philmac universal transition connector but had issues when contacting them as they said it couldn't be used although clearly stating on the package it can be used on imperial abs/pvc pipe. Has anyone else come had a similar situation and how did you overcome it as no where stocks the kuterlite fitting

whats it suppling mains water or heating ? as 3/8 id or od? and 3/8 is round about 10mm

It was mains cold water and it measured about 17mm. It confused me as like you say 3/8 is meant to be about 10mm

Is it something like Acorn, pre hep2o solvent fittings.
Not sure about the grey but we have an estate which was done in brown solvent weld fittings, think that was Acorn.

its says yorkshire 3/8" on the fitting. Apparently the company that used to make it back when there was a copper shortage (before my time) it was used then. best way to describe it is it looks like a thicker grey version of condense pipe just a little smaller

17.1mm outside diameter was known as 3/8" imperial for some reason, (and I was around then)

im glad i wasn't around when sizing made no sense at all. Am i right to assume to jointing method is using cleaner first and then the solvent

im glad i wasn't around when sizing made no sense at all. Am i right to assume to jointing method is using cleaner first and then the solvent

yes and a lot more prep and a pita last time i used it you have to leave it 24 hours for the glue to set before even looking at it

so if you were to go to a property where this had split you would go through the process of ordering the parts then fitting, leaving for 24 hours and then going back to test? or would you use a different fitting?

so if you were to go to a property where this had split you would go through the process of ordering the parts then fitting, leaving for 24 hours and then going back to test? or would you use a different fitting?

would be either rip out or put a (what ever size plastic/abs it is) to 1/2 for a male iron

Last fitting I got was solvent socket to male iron then used copper fittings from then on. This plastic was from the main stop tap. Also a local plumb center. Had a stock of fittings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Yorkshire 3/8" plastic pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back