Discuss Yorkshire 3/8" plastic pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been doing plumbing and heating for 11 years since leaving school and this week I came across this pipe for the first time and severely struggled to find anyone who knew what i was on about when ringing around for a fitting. If you are unaware of the pipe its a dark grey colour and fittings are solvent weld. Kuterlite apparently do a fitting that is compression to 15mm. I used a philmac universal transition connector but had issues when contacting them as they said it couldn't be used although clearly stating on the package it can be used on imperial abs/pvc pipe. Has anyone else come had a similar situation and how did you overcome it as no where stocks the kuterlite fitting

whats it suppling mains water or heating ? as 3/8 id or od? and 3/8 is round about 10mm

It was mains cold water and it measured about 17mm. It confused me as like you say 3/8 is meant to be about 10mm

Is it something like Acorn, pre hep2o solvent fittings.
Not sure about the grey but we have an estate which was done in brown solvent weld fittings, think that was Acorn.

its says yorkshire 3/8" on the fitting. Apparently the company that used to make it back when there was a copper shortage (before my time) it was used then. best way to describe it is it looks like a thicker grey version of condense pipe just a little smaller

17.1mm outside diameter was known as 3/8" imperial for some reason, (and I was around then)

im glad i wasn't around when sizing made no sense at all. Am i right to assume to jointing method is using cleaner first and then the solvent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Yorkshire 3/8" plastic pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock