Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Zip hydrboil plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kooltech

Hi
I have been asked to install some Zip Hydroboil plus wall mounted units in our office.

it seemed simple enough .................. but I didn't realise they required a vent pipe.

Only options I have is to vent it direct to outside - but was worried about it possibly discharging boiling water, or take it in to the under sink waste - but not sure of the best way of doing that? Had thought abount simply venting in to the sink - but thought that would look a bit naf.

Any advice much appreciated

) Venting
A vent at the base of the heater must be plumbed to a safe visible location as, under certain conditions, it may discharge cold or boiling water and/or steam.
For exposed vent plumbing, connect vent outlet from the base of heater to a 15 mm or half inch OD pipe which has a continuous fall, is no more than 3 metres long, has no more than 3 right angle bends, and discharges to a waste water drain.
For concealed vent plumbing, connect plumbing to the vent outlet from the heater rear using a capillary elbow protruding 45 mm from the wall.
Alternatively attach a tun dish to the wall as shown and plumb away to waste.

this is from the m.i

thanks APP.

I read that - but wasnt sure how to connect it to a drain? I presume that it has to be via some sort of trap to prevent smells coming up the pipe, but wasnt sure what type of trap ? wasn't sure if I could just connect it to appliance inlet on sink trap?

I presume that it has to be via some sort of trap to prevent smells coming up the pipe, but wasnt sure what type of trap ?

wasn't sure if I could just connect it to appliance inlet on sink trap?

Airgap and Airgap.

Ours has a 15mm CP pipe discharging into the sink. Most of the ones I've seen are like that. No issues with drain smells or having to put a tundish in to give visible discharge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Zip hydrboil plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi all, Just in process of relocating kitchen & utility to other side of house but have a question re venting requirements. I intend to connect...
Replies
Views
Joeab88
J
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low...
Replies
Views
Hello, Renovating downstairs bathroom, we have changed the layout and I just wanted to confirm if what I want to do is appropriate. I want to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I'm a homeowner, not a DIYer. I have an almost 1 year old SaniCompact Comfort wall-hung toilet which has worked flawlessly until about a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock