Search the forum,

Discuss Zip under counter heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Peter_Griffin

Evening chaps

Only a little 5 ltr thing and when I removed the element etc the sacrificial anode literally crumbled away in my hands. The element itself seems OK although it is a little scaled up.

Was wondering is it worth, cheap, and hassle free to just replace this anode or is it better to replace everything??
I have change many elements in the past but never one of these sacrifical things?

Any advice would be great chaps :)

thanks

You are meant to check the annode annually and change as required. The heater is glass lined (enameled) steel and does rust . PTS sell zip stuff or you will probably get it online somewhere. Probably better replacing the unit now as it may be on the way out.

ok thanks

replace the whole unit or just the element and anode set?? I have only checked this 1 so far on site. There is about another 15 to check but for now im assuming they will all be the same?

thanks again

If there are another 15 or so the same they will probably all be the same. Depending on the age of the unit, i'd replace the lot like for like. They cost under £100. You are around halfway to the cost of a new one for a new element and annode. Whatever you decide to do tell them they must be checked annually.

excellent advice thanks. Yeah I will suggest replacments since the costings for element etc may not be worth compared to new+warranty etc.
Company has just took over this site and recently set up a monthly maintenance schedule hence why I have started checking. So when I check units in 6 month/1 year and if for instance the sacrificial anode has worn away again are they easy to replace? Do they just screw on or something? The Zip instructions for the unit I have don't seem to advice how to replace them and checking online they seem readily available but nothing to suggest fitment

thanks again

If it is about halfway worn change it. Takes 10 minutes and just unscrews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Zip under counter heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock