Discuss 2.5 million pound fine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

unguided1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
BG have been fined 2.5 million pounds for failling to deal with customer complaints, they have also started selling and installing renewable energy systems to customers, therefore must be MCS accredited, So my question is, are they a fit company to hold the MCS accreditation be assured by REAL if they have recently been found guilty and fined for failling to deal with customer complaints.

In my opinion no they are not, what are your thoughts, Discuss

Totally agree, the thing with BG is that they "bought" their MCS by buying out a small Renewables firm down south (or so I heard) Cool Planet or something like that. Personally I would like to see a suspension of their MCS until a thorough investigation can be carried out as they have been fined for effectively being a Rogue trader. But I'm vindictive like that! lol:reddevil:

they're a major corporation so different rules apply, they probably dont even pay tax the dogs

Are the complaints being leveled at the gas suplier BG or Centrica? They're two totally different companies under the one umberella. least they were when I worked for them! Anyhoo's they're a business out to make money like any other and can do whatever they wish. IMHO

one law for them another for us , hopefully for not much longer , I suspect engineers are forced to cut corners to make up their wages which is not right

Just found out they were fined on July 1 £1m for misreporting the amount of electricity supplied under the Government's Renewables Obligation.

British gas customers are welcome to email the Managing director of British Gas with their concerns
[DLMURL="http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Business/British-Gas-To-Raise-Gas-Prices-By-18-and-Electricity-Costs-By-16/Article/201107216026640"][email protected]

[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
BG have been fined 2.5 million pounds for failling to deal with customer complaints, they have also started selling and installing renewable energy systems to customers, therefore must be MCS accredited, So my question is, are they a fit company to hold the MCS accreditation be assured by REAL if they have recently been found guilty and fined for failling to deal with customer complaints.

In my opinion no they are not, what are your thoughts, Discuss

lol unguided1, your a devious soul :)

If they do lose their MCS accreditation they can always ask unguided to sign off heat pumps for them:tt1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2.5 million pound fine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock