Discuss 21.5mm pipe bending. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dickie

Now with the increasing amount of 21.5mm condensate plastic pipe being fitted. Has anyone mastered the art of bending it with simple on-site tools; gas torch & bending machine perhaps??
Can I have your views please.

I've been using a heat gun and bending by hand, just have to watch you keep the pipe moving in the heat. Would ideally like a internal spring to prevent it flattening but haven't found one to fit yet so just have to keep a eye on it.

I understand that heating it will damage the plasticity of the pipe so I just use elbows, they dont cost a lot and seems simple enough to work with.

I wondered about a bending spring Roger. Just like the Sparks use for plastic conduit. Perhaps Monument will start selling one that'll fit 21.5mm pipe.
I take it that it's ABS or UPVC? Not sure how well that'll cold bend?

Cut and glue is a bit of a no brainer. Don't use a lot of it anyway as I like to get it into 1 1/2" as soon as.

no comment on that, but is the pipe even designed for bending, thin walled plastic isnt exactly suitable.

no comment on that, but is the pipe even designed for bending, thin walled plastic isnt exactly suitable.
Not too sure mate, it would be interesting to find out. It's not under any great pressure or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 21.5mm pipe bending. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock