Search the forum,

Discuss 30 mm thread on an old bath tap??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

olyboy

soooooo mother dearest has bought an old tap and ive been given the task of fitting it, so i took it with me to a plumbers merchant to pick up what i thought was going to be a straight forward male/female coupling to connect it to the flexi, however it turns out the tap is an odd size, anyone else come across a 30mm thread on a tap?? googled it and nothing on there either. thanks in advance!!

I've recently seen a couple of merkins hung up in a bedroom:devil:

It's definitely 30mm and not 32, will try and upload a pic later, having trouble loading one off the mobile.

That's one hell of a tap, is it some sort of mixer or just a single tap, have you looked up inside to see if the hot and cold connections screw up into it, the large thread Proberly needs a back nut to secure it to bath

It's definitely 30mm and not 32, will try and upload a pic later, having trouble loading one off the mobile.

Are you old enough to understand imperial size`s? Only ask as you seem fixed on it being metric. You could try and narrow it down slightly by counting how many teeth there is over a 1" length providing there is 1" of thread of course.

Are you old enough to understand imperial size`s? Only ask as you seem fixed on it being metric. You could try and narrow it down slightly by counting how many teeth there is over a 1" length providing there is 1" of thread of course.

That'll be over 25mm of thread...

Sounds like 1" thread to me, take it to a plumbers merchant & ask them to check it for you.

solder a piece of 28mm inside it done that before

Sounds like 1" thread to me, take it to a plumbers merchant & ask them to check it for you.

1" BSP O/D is 1.309 or 33.26mm with 11 TPI

However 7/8" is 1.189 with 30.00mm being 1.181 & 14 TPI

Last edited:
Still never got an answer, is this just one tap that both the hot & cold connect to, or do you have separate hot & cold Taps

ok thanks for all the replys i gave up trying to get a fitting for this tap after the 4th merchants still had nothing to fit so did a bit of soldering, used to be a fridge engineer so still had my trusty old turbo torch, not pretty but should do the trick! still cant figure out how to load pics??

I think croppie put a sticky or something with all the info on here re loading photo`s.

sorry, yes just one tap, ended up silver soildering a bit of 22mm onto the thread, was a bit tricky getting the locking nut back on but with a bit of filling down jobs a good-un!! will try and get some pics up when i can work it out so you can have a laugh at my plumbing skills :)

pics!

Attachments

• IMG_0425[1].jpg
    IMG_0425[1].jpg
    96 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0427[1].jpg
    IMG_0427[1].jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 21
looks like a 28 to 22 reducer to me

maybe wrong tho

If anyone is struggling with old threads try your local hydraulics place they sill use 90% imperial fittings and will often help to get round things

The back nut was always going to be a bit tricky to get over the soldering but didn't take long to sort and to resond to the cost comment it cost me nothing so can't get much cheaper than that! Thanks for the few helpful replys, I'm putting the plumbing tools away till next time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 30 mm thread on an old bath tap??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock