Discuss 30 mm thread on an old bath tap??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
solder a piece of 28mm inside it done that before

Sounds like 1" thread to me, take it to a plumbers merchant & ask them to check it for you.

1" BSP O/D is 1.309 or 33.26mm with 11 TPI

However 7/8" is 1.189 with 30.00mm being 1.181 & 14 TPI

Last edited:
Still never got an answer, is this just one tap that both the hot & cold connect to, or do you have separate hot & cold Taps

ok thanks for all the replys i gave up trying to get a fitting for this tap after the 4th merchants still had nothing to fit so did a bit of soldering, used to be a fridge engineer so still had my trusty old turbo torch, not pretty but should do the trick! still cant figure out how to load pics??

I think croppie put a sticky or something with all the info on here re loading photo`s.

sorry, yes just one tap, ended up silver soildering a bit of 22mm onto the thread, was a bit tricky getting the locking nut back on but with a bit of filling down jobs a good-un!! will try and get some pics up when i can work it out so you can have a laugh at my plumbing skills :)

pics!

Attachments

• IMG_0425[1].jpg
    IMG_0425[1].jpg
    96 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0427[1].jpg
    IMG_0427[1].jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 21
looks like a 28 to 22 reducer to me

maybe wrong tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 30 mm thread on an old bath tap??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone - I have an old outside tap with male thread but struggling to find a right hosepipe connection after the other one broke. The top of...
Replies
Views
G
I have two very leaky taps which I am struggling to find replacement cartridges for. I bought a couple of valves from my local plumbers...
Replies
Views
GeoffW
G
W
Hi All, Thanks in advance for any advice. My wife and I are DIYing our sitting room (repaint etc etc). I took the old rads off the wall to have...
Replies
Views
1st one at 1:30 - low pressure at all outlets after main stop tap used. Nice and easy eh? Obviously the plate that holds the washer in the stop...
Replies
Views
Hi. One of my nippers is away for a few days. So i take the opportunity to remove her bath and fit a new one (Tap hole less) and also fit a posh...
Replies
Views
johnmcginty
J
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock