Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss 6129 certificate level 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

850Rick

Who has completed it on here and works for themselves? i finish my 6129 at Christmas and im on to doing level 3.College says there is no more 6129 and its called some thing else now carnt remember what.

Iv completed the 6129 and now i have gone self employed but needless to say i have a few other mates who are plumbers and they get vast amounts of phone calls from me asking questions due to me being in a class room and the perfect easy workshop environment that doesnt have dirty dusty tight hot airing cubboards with customers watching you and asking you questions! it is hard but with every job im learning and getting experience.

Iv completed the 6129 and now i have gone self employed but needless to say i have a few other mates who are plumbers and they get vast amounts of phone calls from me asking questions due to me being in a class room and the perfect easy workshop environment that doesnt have dirty dusty tight hot airing cubboards with customers watching you and asking you questions! it is hard but with every job im learning and getting experience.

Thanks for your reply Danny.Are you enjoying it and how long have you been in the trade for now.6129 is no redundent now

Oh yeah I love it. Well only recently gone self employed but I passed my c&g 6129 last June.

Oh yeah I love it. Well only recently gone self employed but I passed my c&g 6129 last June.

Hi Danny did you find it hard starting out as a Plumber.I also want to go self employed as well.I want to start small while ive got my day job and build it up and for full time as a plumber.

As I said in my first post yes it's hard. And yeah we'll customers get a bit funny when you want to work on there plumbing only after you have finished a days work at your normal job they want a plumber who does it full time.

As I said in my first post yes it's hard. And yeah we'll customers get a bit funny when you want to work on there plumbing only after you have finished a days work at your normal job they want a plumber who does it full time.

They dont have to no that.Im a very competent person.I could start a business and it could flop so i need a safe guard.if the work was there all the time id happily give up my day job.Do you have constant work,1 or 2 jobs a day?

No not constant work a few jobs a week enough to pay the bills :)

Who has completed it on here and works for themselves? i finish my 6129 at Christmas and im on to doing level 3.College says there is no more 6129 and its called some thing else now carnt remember what.
6035 if you don't have a job as a plumber & 6089 if you do ???

Level 3 is a big step up from level 2 but well worth it if you can do it, as it covers - Water regs, Boosted water supplies (H&C), un-vented HW, wiring (house & CH controls) heating design & installation, sanitation & rain water design, to name but a few (this is the 6089, not sure about 6035 but I am told it is similar). The problem is I don't know how you can fully understand all these advanced course bits without having the work experience to be able to apply it to ????

6035 if you don't have a job as a plumber & 6089 if you do ???

Level 3 is a big step up from level 2 but well worth it if you can do it, as it covers - Water regs, Boosted water supplies (H&C), un-vented HW, wiring (house & CH controls) heating design & installation, sanitation & rain water design, to name but a few (this is the 6089, not sure about 6035 but I am told it is similar). The problem is I don't know how you can fully understand all these advanced course bits without having the work experience to be able to apply it to ????

Hi Chris im doing level 3 at £1300 in college we have all the latest gear to work on.Ive just got my last job to do on level 2 fitting radiators using lcs

Nope no website just cards and word of mouth be polite clean and do a nice tidy job and they will tell there friends.

I'm not sure about the approved plumber tbh I'm not worried about it and neither should you at your stage and just places like screwfix and plumb center

Hi Rick

Did the same as you but looking to do my G3 (unvented). So far I have been doing ok. I had a full time but called it a day Jan 2010. Its been a roller coaster, but I can genuinely say Its working out, but not for the faint hearted. Good luck whatever you decide to do

I have done the 6129 but am currently in the middle of completing my NVQ folder through JTL (collecting the rest of the evidence needed to add to the 6129 units already achieved). I had the assessor come out to me on Wednesday and as it was a big job we managed to get enough evidence of work I had completed to get a 1/3 of the folder done in 1 day. He said the 6129 was now called a QCF or something but was exactly the same. Should hopefully have it completed by the end of January and will have the full NVQ 2 as when applying for jobs that seems to be the minimum they ask for from what I have seen. Will also have the full plumbers cscs card instead of the green plumbing operatives card I have now.

I have done the 6129 but am currently in the middle of completing my NVQ folder through JTL (collecting the rest of the evidence needed to add to the 6129 units already achieved). I had the assessor come out to me on Wednesday and as it was a big job we managed to get enough evidence of work I had completed to get a 1/3 of the folder done in 1 day. He said the 6129 was now called a QCF or something but was exactly the same. Should hopefully have it completed by the end of January and will have the full NVQ 2 as when applying for jobs that seems to be the minimum they ask for from what I have seen. Will also have the full plumbers cscs card instead of the green plumbing operatives card I have now.

Whats the green plumbers operators card all about?

Check out the cscs website mate, I can't remember off the top of my head but I think having the 6129 means you are not a fully qualified plumber so can only get the 'operative' card rather than a 'plumber' cscs card. My stuff - cards and certificates are not to hand to check but if you go on their website or give them a call they will explain better than me. I got a cscs card as some employers ask for one and it's only £30ish to do the test which is pretty easy. I didn't want to miss out on the chance of a job just because I didn't have one.

Last edited:
So with a Green card you can do the same as a plumber with a cscs card?

So with a Green card you can do the same as a plumber with a cscs card?

Don't see why not, I haven't had to use mine yet only got it 'just in case'. But yeah I don't see why it would make a difference what card you have if someone wants to employ you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 6129 certificate level 2 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock