Discuss Access to ceramic valve on quarter turn tap in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm baffled how to access a ceramic valve in order to replace it on this quarter turn sink tap. Here's the tap...

The  tap.jpg

I can remove the arm...

Arm removed.jpg

...and unscrew the collar to lift it up a little...

Collar removed.jpg

...and unscrew the fixing plate that secures the tap to the sink...

Fixing plate removed.jpg

...but I can't get to the valve because of the blob at the top, and I can't see anything else to undo.

I've tried (gently) tapping the blob off the top of the main stem from below, but it won't budge.

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks for your response. I can't see a grub screw anywhere. The ball must be removable somehow but I can't see how. If it unscrewed, then I should be able to use the tap handle as a lever, and unscrew it while holding the pillar it's attached to, but it won't budge!

I'm now thinking I may just get under the sink, separate the taps from the feed pipes and just replace them, I'm that annoyed with them...

Reply to Access to ceramic valve on quarter turn tap in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. Can anyone help me get into this tap? I have them on the bathroom sink and bath and 2 out of 4 are dripping. I've have had two plumbers in to...
Replies
Views
I can't remove the tap head for the cold quarter turn tap. The hot one comes off easily as it is not used much. How can I remove the cold tap head?
Replies
Views
I have a traditional style bath tap with shower attachment via a diverter. The lever no longer moves, and so I managed to unscrew the lever arm...
Replies
Views
I need to replace 4 ¼ turn ceramic valves for a second hand kitchen tap set - two taps. The current ones are dripping. These are marked X17C, and...
Replies
Views
I’m looking to get some advice on how to remove a stubborn kitchen tap. The sink is ceramic and I’m very reluctant to take a grinder or any...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock