Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Adaptor required for angle grinder disc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I've got a toilet to swap over in a bathroom and need to clean the inside of the cast iron soil pipe to accept a Mulitiquick.

It has the usual 80 years of corrosion/scale build up and want to grind that off pretty quick to a smooth surface for the fins to seal against. I'll be against the clock on this and need a fast way of doing it.

ae235

I want to mount one of these into my core drill and grind away at speed but I need to find an adaptor to fit into a keyed chuck.

Or is there a better method?

I agree with that. A lot safer than a grinding disc in a drill.

Will a flap wheel work? I have a few of those but thought they only removed paint etc?

Same as Steve. I'd give it a scrape with the edge of a file.
A McAlpine multikwik will seal on anything.

Clean + Strip disc will take off paint and rust back to bare metal. They don't clog up like some wheels. 3M do the original best quality one. Needs a seperate arbour to fit into drill or Screwfix do a budget version with arbour moulded into disk. Item ref 72889 in my old spring catalogue.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Adaptor required for angle grinder disc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock