Discuss Add electronic or magnetic descaler to an existing electrolytic one? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I live in an especially hard water area, (Basingstoke).

I have just installed a new Hot Water and Central Heat system.

I had a Fernox electrolytic descaler fitted in line to my water supply.

I am also aware of magnetic descaler units and mains powered magnetic field/electronic descalers.

Is there anything to be gained by adding either a magnetic or electronic descaler or would they counteract each other?

Only way is to install a softener

Reply to Add electronic or magnetic descaler to an existing electrolytic one? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My magnetic scale inhibitor is coming to the end of its 10 year life and needs replacing. This is attached to the pipework just before the combi...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi, sorry to bother you all with this but I am really struggling to find a suitable combi-boiler replacement and a knowledgeable heating engineer...
Replies
Views
I've been looking at water softeners/descalers as there is too much limescale everywhere in my flat (hard water area in London). I heard years...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
Back