Search the forum,

Discuss Added Fernox for 2 days & Drained Flushed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Oneilly

Hi guys looking for a little advice. 14 year old house, suspect the system has had little maintenance.

I added fernox cleaner left for 2 days then drained & flushed, just checked next day and the water is dirty again?

Should I repeat exercise ?

If still dirty ,you do not say which fernox cleaner you are using,but yes,I would leave longer than two days,should run 48 days hot,which if you have on 8 hours a day is at least 5 or six days
Also many make the mistake of trying to flush through a normal system drain cock,this is no good,fit a good full bore drain point,to allow system to be flushed out correctly

Keep a eye on all fittings for leaks and take your time when flushing out system

imho

i agree fully with puddle,2 days not enough if very sludged up

I always planned to leave for a week and then got a blocked Rad and found myself draining down, silly me, oh well off to plumb centre again lol

what boiler is it? sentinel x800 is good stuff but aggressive

Before you add some more chemical ,flush out as mush sludge/black water ect as possible from the system,chemical will be more effective then

Gas Man a 14 year old ideal Classic ff260.

Puddle, thanks yes I have given it a good flush, lots of rubbish came out.

x 800 should be fine but read the instructions it is good stuff

with x800 its min 2 hours but i think max is a week it will say on the bottle i only use it as a last resort it kills aluminium boilers ,but it fully removes the crud its potent stuff!

no probs oneilly hope this sorts it,but puddles advice will help as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Added Fernox for 2 days & Drained Flushed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock