Discuss advice needed about cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an old used cylinder I'd pressure test it before it was fitted

Thanks diamond gas

what is a 'secondary circulation return', should I just cap this off??

thanks gray 0689, cylinder is only 5 years old and was taken out 18 months ago so think it is worth risk. My fuel bills are £2000 a year for small 3 bed house so am determined to do something. Am sure this will help.

insulation + ch controls + condensing boiler will help ! new cylinder on it's own I personally do not see how this will reduce the cost of your gas bill

that is ok ,just was thinking about how safe will be for you to install the cylinder that's all !

Thanks Harry ... Yes just cap it! That is unless you have long runs to your hot taps and you can afford a 'bronze' pump!

sorry overlapping postss.

Most of bills cost comes from hot water.

Cylinder is in cold roof space, my wife and i have a shower each morning then hot water runs out as fortic tank is small, the 2 children then switch on immersion to heat up for themselves during the day. As this is not at economy 7 we can pay £60 upwards in a week for just hot water. The loft is always very hiot from wasted heat in fortic even when it is cold outside. I have added a jacket but does not make a difference to bills.

This cylinder is about 160 litres so will do 3 showers at economy 7 rate so am sure will help.

We live in a village

safegas,
it could go wrong...
but I did also install a complete central heating system with rads, pressurised etc connected to a heat pump which works fine. I have insulated the house as much as possible. it is the hot water which is costing all the money. I could eventually add a solar panel to this system as we have a good clear south facing roof aspect. I never have a spare few thousand to get in a proifessional so each year grow more concerned as fuel bills rise and more just annoiunced recently

sorry overlapping postss.

Most of bills cost comes from hot water.

Cylinder is in cold roof space, my wife and i have a shower each morning then hot water runs out as fortic tank is small, the 2 children then switch on immersion to heat up for themselves during the day. As this is not at economy 7 we can pay £60 upwards in a week for just hot water. The loft is always very hiot from wasted heat in fortic even when it is cold outside. I have added a jacket but does not make a difference to bills.

This cylinder is about 160 litres so will do 3 showers at economy 7 rate so am sure will help.

We live in a village

You got space above to fit a hedder tank? The Fortic incorporates the header did you know? I'm guessing you've been doing some homework yeh? Building tank stands and all that isn't fun! lol

thanks safegas, will cap it off as pipe lengths are not too great

All help has been great just need to know size of feed expansion tank

is the electric you use during the day that is killing you softly + DIY always cost more at the end =just some experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to advice needed about cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock