Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Advice on fitting Honeywell DT20e thermo to combi MAIN 24he in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nindy

Hello,

Not sure if I have to introduce myself on this forum or not so apologies.

I 'm trying to fit a Honeywell DT20 e thermostat to replace my old rotary Honeywell T40 one.

The DT 20e has two wires and is operated by batteries, as I understand it it requires a constant live and a switched live ?

So A= live & B= Switched live is that correct ? ( on DT20e the Thermostat that is).

After looking at the boiler manual ( MAIN 24he) It looks like I need to connect the switched live to terminal 2 on the boiler ( fig 43, from terminal B of the DT20e) & for the constant 230volts from terminal A of the DT20e.

No neutral required as it uses batteries.#
attachment.php

Could someone please confirm this for me ? Looks like the people before us have used household cable and when I put a 240v screwdriver on it the Brown cable and Blue wires light up when the heating is on. So in theory the neutral ( blue) wire is NOT really a neutral its a switched live on the old T40 Honeywell thermostat.

Any help/ advice appreciated please.

Attachments

• boiler connections.jpg
    boiler connections.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on fitting Honeywell DT20e thermo to combi MAIN 24he in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I would like to replace my ancient Honeywell mechanical thermostat with a Honeywell T3R PROGRAMMABLE THERMOSTAT I have three wires in the old...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m looking to install the above. Atm I have an older one fitted (old wireless thermostat and old receiver that’s wired into my combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Good morning all I hope you are all well? I am after a bit of advice please, I am looking to fit a Drayton LWC1 wiring centre into my boiler...
Replies
Views
I recently purchased a hive active heating. I currently have a Honeywell cm900 thermostat wired to my Worcester boiler. I'm just looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi - hoping someone can help with a what I think is a simple question! I have a Salus wireless thermostat connected to an Ariston combi boiler (a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock