Search the forum,

Discuss Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
What is the best advice you've been given/given yourself that you were glad of?

Never eat yellow snow.

Man with false teeth should not sneeze when stood at urinal

Its fine for 1,000 people to owe you Ā£1,000 each, but never let anyone owe you Ā£1,000,000

if a customer wants a service or safety check its always at least a week even if I have little work on you soon weed out the "oh well actually its not working" type of customers out that way

hot potatoes are normally very very hot :)

if someone borrows money off you, best to have something of theirs as collateral, I find their ******** are the best thing :)

all right their nuts :)

Never eat yellow snow.

Man with false teeth should not sneeze when stood at urinal

Its fine for 1,000 people to owe you Ā£1,000 each, but never let anyone owe you Ā£1,000,000
I wondered how quick the yellow snow comment would come up!

When I started my own business, a successful old lady told me this. it it's very true.

If you work hard and take out just enough to live on.

1st year YOU support the business.
2nd year IT will support itself .
3rd year IT will support you

Enjoy your life you never throw what's round corner ..... Two kinds

Learn to say no to jobs

Don't argue with idiots. Sometimes it's better to smile and walk away and let them think they've won...

Don't put boiling hot water on an icy windscreen. I saw a man do that once I had to walk away as I was laughing so much.

Trade secrets are best kept within the trade.
Customers form an impression of you within the first 10 seconds so try and keep yourself and your tools clean.
Learn to say thank you to a customer (There are limits of course lol).
If you`ve got nothing good to say then say nothing.

Never date a woman with worryingly big hands!

ps great to see you back dancinplumba, you've been missed by many!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone! Firstly, we are so glad to have you all as members here on PlumbersForums.net. We are becoming an international community more and more every day with each new member that joins us. I thought I would put together a list of forum links for you guys. American Tile Advice Forum...
Replies
Views
PLUMBING ADVICE NEEDED Combi boiler in our house, downstairs water seems to be piping hot. Upstairs basin, bath and shower only ever seems to be lukewarm - so much so that no one even wants to bath as it never gets hot enough! Open to suggestions as to what it might be and if anyone can...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, my first post here so go easy on me... šŸ˜„ I have Danfoss HPA2 motorised valves fitted to my heating system and one of them is giving me problems again. Typical as its the same one I replaced in December 2022. The heating never came on today so I checked the valve and the lever on...
Replies
Views
Hi All So with my new boiler on the way and to give it the best chance of longevity I am going to install a Scale reducer, we live in a part of the UK with the hardest of water and it trashes most things eventually. I am going to buy a Scalewatcher or a Combimate or maybe even BOTH and was...
Replies
Views
Toilet continuously flushing/cistern filling. This happens regardless of what else is going on within the house (videos were taken before and after a shower but this happens seemingly randomly and probably happens when no one is home). As a result my water bill has considerably increased but I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock