Search the forum,

Discuss After an impact driver, this one any good? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
All the lads at work have impact drivers except for me i usually use my drill or a pokey little electric screwdriver (good for delicate work). This looks a good deal but I don't have money to burn so was hoping to get some recommendations, cheers.

Reviews look very positive so i'm tempted and the fact you get the drill too seems like a bonus.

DeWalt DCK211S2 10.8V 1.5Ah Li-Ion Twin Pack Drill & Impact Driver XR | NoLinkingToThis

:eek:

Have the 10.8v dewalt impact driver for 'light duties' works well as it has a torque limiter to prevent any potential damage. Though usually just use a screwdriver if I'm concerned.

Looks like they have changed the design the black ring on the end is a torque adjustment on mine, wouldn't use it half as much if it were locked on full power.

Good for light duty, but for professional day to day use your better off saving the penny's and going for the 18v.

I love my 10v Makita impact, great tool, great for joist work with the black coated dewalts flat spade bits. I always nip screws up with screwdriver, bolts on rad brackets are tight enough with a couple seconds impacting

All the lads at work have impact drivers except for me i usually use my drill or a pokey little electric screwdriver (good for delicate work). This looks a good deal but I don't have money to burn so was hoping to get some recommendations, cheers.

Reviews look very positive so i'm tempted and the fact you get the drill too seems like a bonus.

i have these dewalt tools and they are very good, probably the best 10.8v's around for the price. The milwaukee fuel's are are abit pricey compared.

i would say dont expect massive power from any 10.8v compared to 18v equivalent.

10v are nice but they not intended for 150mm concrete screws, they are powerful but around 1
£100 - £150 why not just buy a bare driver to suit your batteries? £120 for and 18v bare driver!

The 10v and 18v's are intended for different purposes imho, I have both as said 10v is no good for 6" concrete screws but ideal for smaller jobs.

Ive got a 12v makita which is powerful enough to drive rad fixing bolts inid say yes ash as an every day tool for a plumber it would do you fine
the 18v ones are great for chippies driving 3 inch screws all day but a bit big and heavy for plumbers

Ive got a 12v makita which is powerful enough to drive rad fixing bolts inid say yes ash as an every day tool for a plumber it would do you fine
the 18v ones are great for chippies driving 3 inch screws all day but a bit big and heavy for plumbers

The white makita one is nice, had borrowed one off builder other day, but it's makita and I'm a milwakiee convert.....

ive got the dewalt 18v impact, decked a garden for my mate and was amazed at the torque, rigging up the fence posts and decking frame was amazingly easy, although it was too strong for the deck boards, had to use it on half output all the time otherwise the screws just disapeared. Used it fit a Vaillant frame the other day and the screws flew in. Always wear the ear plugs though, did it over my mates head while he was flushing, scared the beejesus out of him.

The Milwaukee M12 FUEL line is excellent...a bit pricier than the Dewalt equivalent but there is a huge range and batteries up to 4 amp are easily available and quite reasonably priced. I probably wouldn't use it for a days worth of decking but the latest MI2 Fuel Impact driver has switchable dual output for different uses up to 20/135Nm which is nearly up to 18v performance in a 10.8v body. It fell out of my holster (too large) when roofing, bounced off the concrete floor a few times where body and battery separated but no harm done...astounded there was no damage, hardly a mark and worked perfectly again. Although I'm not a plumber I think it could easily cope with most plumbing apps even when using say large flat bits and concrete screws. Recommended.

They also do a lovely little drill driver perfect for more delicate work.

Last edited:
It's excellent kit. Warranty repair are better than Hilti. Dropped m18 hacksall in cistern, replaced foc!!

I dropped my 240V Bosch SDS in a yellow Gorilla tub full of water yesterday plugged in! Yanked the plug out of the wall and then shook the drill until all water was out and then opened the handle cover and finished up with the wet vac.

plugged it straight back in and it worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to After an impact driver, this one any good? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock