Search the forum,

Discuss Air in the system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ralphmalph

In the spring when i switched off the heating everything was working ok.All rads working boiler no unusual noises pressure staying steady.
Since then i had a radiator replaced downstairs for a bigger one and an other one added to the system in the kitchen.Some setinel x100 was added.
Now that i have put the heating back on i have had to replace the AAV which is on top of the Expansion Vessel as it was leaking water.Now when i run the hot tap then turn it off ,and when the pump stops i can hear what sounds like water or air going through the boiler or the pipes. After a few days if i bleed upstairs rads i will get air in them all.Checked all pipework and can find no leaks.
Can the pump or any other part let air into the system?
Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Air in the system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like air, and the landing radiator needs bleeding regularly (about once a month), even though it isn't the highest point in the system. The two upright rads...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: Do frost protection valves trigger when the water in the pipe gets to threshold, or when the air temp drops? Long version: I'd rather use frost protection + anti-freeze cycle on my mitsubishi ecodan heat pump. The warranty is apparently fine with that combination, and it...
Replies
Views
I've air tested pipework for years, typically 4 bar for 30 minutes. I've never had an issue with any pipework that has passed that test, occasionally you get a small leak from the air test typically old cap ends/scratched pipe which shows up easily on the test without having to inspect anything...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig cupboard & a megaflo (no tank in loft). However the exisiting boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC 4xx boiler - which is satated by vaillant as an "open vent" boiler...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The issue is quite simple to repair not sure why any one of the 2 plumbers could not fix it. Why am I paying for cover. The auto air vents in part of the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock