Discuss Air Pressure Fault - Heatline Boiler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all,

We inherited a c.2007 Heatline Compact boiler when we moved into our house.

On Friday the boiler developed an air pressure fault. I first tested the air pressure switch in both the Common-normally closed and Common-normally open positions and both are working ok. I even tried a spare air pressure switch just in case.
Whilst the fan was operating on initial startup, I took it out for a clean and re-lubricated it which has sped it up a little.
I then Very briefly bypassed the air pressure switch to see if the boiler would fire up and it did. This suggests to me it’s not a PCB or ignition issue and must be something to do with the fan not creating a sufficient pressure differential to activate the APS.

The flue appears clear.

I’m still having the same fault come up.

I made some observations and had some thoughts and wanted to run them by this forum for advice. Firstly, some of the seals around the fan-flue connection are crumbling. Still fairly tight but how significant is that issue for an air pressure fault please. Generally how significant are the soundness of the seals around the flue and fan for air pressure faults?

Also, is there a way of determining whether my fan is spinning fast enough? Any tool I can use to assess speed or pressure within the fan unit?

Any other thoughts on what the issue could be would be greatly welcomed.Thanks all. Stay safe.

Stop playing inside a combustion appliance and get yourself a competent gas safe engineer.

Closed as it’s a gas appliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Air Pressure Fault - Heatline Boiler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
Conditions: nearly 10 year old boiler WB2B, heating mode off, DHW on or also in standby, Boiler shows no fault LED on, no new fault logged, room...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
M
I have a viessman vitodens 222F combi storage boiler on the ground floor. It has 100l capacity inbuilt cylinder which is delivered on mains...
Replies
Views
Max Hill
M
Back