Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss am i charging too much? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nysk2008

Priced up to replace (supply and fit) a new honeywell 4073a 3-port valve, I priced as £200 all in. bloke says hes been quoted £160, is my price really that bad?

Not really that far out, a company I used to work for was £185 and they got parts really cheap due to buying power. I would price 2 hours labour + 3 port + inhibitor, 9 times out of 10 I would be done in under an hour so the ones that turn out to be a pig I'm not that worried about,

Usually I would do it there and then though as I carry a couple of draytons on the van (Honeywell too expensive)

Last one I did was for £140 for a genuine v4073a. In and out in 30 mins. Bunged tank, cracked nuts and sucked water up with wet vac swappy swappy no need for more inhibitor. If the valve is in a carp position and I can't snatch it I will drain system to be safe and therefore would charge a bit more. What are you paying for v4073a's ?

£112.99 with screw fix wants it done a weekend aswell
Last one I did was for £140 for a genuine v4073a. In and out in 30 mins. Bunged tank, cracked nuts and sucked water up with wet vac swappy swappy no need for more inhibitor. If the valve is in a carp position and I can't snatch it I will drain system to be safe and therefore would charge a bit more. What are you paying for v4073a's ?

£200 for a weekend is fair IMO but you really shouldn't be paying anything near that for valves.

I know, but only recently s/e so gotta buy when the works in. also you know how cust change their mind every 2 secs so dont want to get a full van stock in
£200 for a weekend is fair IMO but you really shouldn't be paying anything near that for valves.

I know, but only recently s/e so gotta buy when the works in. also you know how cust change their mind every 2 secs so dont want to get a full van stock in

Always have a pump, pump valves, 3 port, 2 port and room stat and inhibitor on the van if you have it there and then you can say I can fit you now it's going to cost blah fit it get paid and then that's it all sorted.

112 for the valve plus 30%, plus min of couple of hours, plus its a weekend. 200 is cheap.

Graham's knocking the Drayton out at £83+ vat, local independent £68 + vat & plumbs on a pack price £41 + vat, so it can be done but I tend to pitch about £185-195....

£140 to change a head, on a two-port. £200 seems fine too me if your changing valve.

My price is my price for a reason, it will be a quality job. if ''fly by night plumbing'' down the road can do it for cheaper crack on I say, call me back because hes bodged it and its going to be more mula.

Last edited:
I do £145 for a full 3-port change and always pretty happy with that (valve ~£40 from memory and then usually takes under an hour to do). 200 isn't wild, but def on the higher end over here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to am i charging too much? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock