Discuss am i charging too much? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nysk2008

Priced up to replace (supply and fit) a new honeywell 4073a 3-port valve, I priced as £200 all in. bloke says hes been quoted £160, is my price really that bad?

Not really that far out, a company I used to work for was £185 and they got parts really cheap due to buying power. I would price 2 hours labour + 3 port + inhibitor, 9 times out of 10 I would be done in under an hour so the ones that turn out to be a pig I'm not that worried about,

Usually I would do it there and then though as I carry a couple of draytons on the van (Honeywell too expensive)

Last one I did was for £140 for a genuine v4073a. In and out in 30 mins. Bunged tank, cracked nuts and sucked water up with wet vac swappy swappy no need for more inhibitor. If the valve is in a carp position and I can't snatch it I will drain system to be safe and therefore would charge a bit more. What are you paying for v4073a's ?

£112.99 with screw fix wants it done a weekend aswell
Last one I did was for £140 for a genuine v4073a. In and out in 30 mins. Bunged tank, cracked nuts and sucked water up with wet vac swappy swappy no need for more inhibitor. If the valve is in a carp position and I can't snatch it I will drain system to be safe and therefore would charge a bit more. What are you paying for v4073a's ?

I know, but only recently s/e so gotta buy when the works in. also you know how cust change their mind every 2 secs so dont want to get a full van stock in
£200 for a weekend is fair IMO but you really shouldn't be paying anything near that for valves.

I know, but only recently s/e so gotta buy when the works in. also you know how cust change their mind every 2 secs so dont want to get a full van stock in

Always have a pump, pump valves, 3 port, 2 port and room stat and inhibitor on the van if you have it there and then you can say I can fit you now it's going to cost blah fit it get paid and then that's it all sorted.

Graham's knocking the Drayton out at £83+ vat, local independent £68 + vat & plumbs on a pack price £41 + vat, so it can be done but I tend to pitch about £185-195....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to am i charging too much? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back