Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Annual Boiler Insurance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MDS PLUMBING

I have had many requests to provide annual boiler insurance. I have even seen it suggested in the June issue of RGE. Are there any restrictions / how do I go about writing a 'contract' etc.

Many thanks

Dave

Guy i contract to runs a insurance mate if you want me to post you one his leaflets with whats covered and what isnt i can do matey! He is x brittish gas and just copied theres pritty much with 4 levels of cover

yea mate no worries i can send you a copy of his leaflet :) see what he covers and doesnt cover,

main exclusions are things like buried pipework, installation faults, sludge and limescale.

That would be brilliant mate. Do you know if there are any legals involved or just do it? Can you send info by email or do you need to post? Cheers

ahh even easier mate go on his website click central heating cover and it has prices and whats covered and not covered. i think you can just do it! aslong as you have terms and conditions. he used to use standing order so people could pay monthly but u need to renkew it every 12 months so he now has direct debit facility but this is real hard to get for small businesses and i think u need a minimum number

web address is www.consumgergasltd.co.uk

I don't know if Erebus been little mix u p on communication here Ia looking to provide the service of boiler breakdown cover but who is the company that can provide the insurance? For example insuring someone at 14.75 pm , say the pcb goes at ÂŁ250 - is there an insurance company that will cover this or is it the contractor that's expected to pay

I don't know if Erebus been little mix u p on communication here Ia looking to provide the service of boiler breakdown cover but who is the company that can provide the insurance? For example insuring someone at 14.75 pm , say the pcb goes at ÂŁ250 - is there an insurance company that will cover this or is it the contractor that's expected to pay

The company I work for do exactly this, the simple fact is that you need thousands of customers on your maintenance contract scheme to make it profitable, this is the reason small start-ups struggle to do this kind of thing unless they have a large amount of capital to enable running at a loss until the customer base builds up.

Let's say you take on 5 or 6 new customers a week and end up with 200 or so. You have a really bad winter and 50 of those contracts require parts and labour - your cream crackered

my x gaffer has a garage full of 2nd hand parts of boilers removed! you have to be thrifty to make it work. but he has around 450 customers and he does pritty good out of it with all the extra work that comes his way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Annual Boiler Insurance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock