Search the forum,

Discuss answers please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevetheplumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
10.12 The recommended method of testing for leaks when assembling LPG equipment before use is to:
a. Test with the use of a manometer
b. Apply leak detection fluid to the connections
c. Use the sense of smell to detect the smell of gas
d. Listen for the sound of escaping gas

10.15 A job requires dismantling lengths of cast iron soil pipe at height, which of the following actions should be taken?
a. Working in pairs, break the length at the collar, and remove the pipe
section
b. Crack the pipe at the joint and push it away, making sure the area is clear
c. Smash the pipe into sections using a hammer and remove it piece by piece
d. Crack the pipe at the base, tie a rope to the pipe and pull the section down. Shout ‘below’ to warn others

the answers are c and a when i first read it i couldnt belive a manometer wasnt the obvious answer but when i re read it it makes sense as its more aimed at plant ie gas bottle and pot or gun
but taking down a stack is obviously now a two man job annd they obviously havent moved on with cutting disc technology i would have thought breaking cast was a no no
theres another question regarding removing a cast iron bath thats to heavy to lift and the answer to that is inform your supervisor dont know about anyone else but i dont think ive ever remove one in one piece

I removed a cast once in one piece with a mate. Was in good condition and wanted it for myself. Put it outside the house and in 5 minutes it was no where to be seen!!! Now I just get the sledge hammer out straight away

wouldnt have thought c is much good stood outside a mobile home in a stiff breeze (howling gale if you live in London) and your upwind, bit of leak detector fluid is what I rely on first off.

Question 1 is Really badly worded. First couple of times I read i thought it was asking how to test an lpg installation before it is made live. In which case if it is yet to contain gas how would you smell it.

Question 1 is Really badly worded. First couple of times I read i thought it was asking how to test an lpg installation before it is made live. In which case if it is yet to contain gas how would you smell it.

NVQ Level two questions are of much the same poor standard of English.
Actually, rather disgraceful; which only serves to confuse, befuddle and stupify.

Last edited:
NVQ Level two questions are of much the same poor standard of English.
Actually, rather disgraceful; which only serves to confuse, befuddle and stupify.

so the non english can understand it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to answers please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock