Discuss Anyone fitted whole house pumps? Particularly Salamander in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iain85

As per title. I have not fitted one before on wanted to get the low down on the Salamander variants. HW pressure carp in a bungalow and custard wants the shower in particular to have decent pressure although would also like the other hw draw-offs improved. bathroom is new with pipes inaccessible for a separate supply.

Cheers,

I've fitted quite a few Salamander pumps, including whole house pumps. What do you want to know specifically?

My first bit of advice would be to pressure test the existing LP pipework well in excess of the pressure rating of the new pump to save yourself potential heartache.

Secondly provide customers with earplugs, mind you if it is a bungalow they are probably old & deff anyway. LOL
Do you have good location to install it ? (please don't say the loft).

Just wanted to know about reliability really? custard hasn't got much and wanted a good solution for them. plenty of room in the airing cupboard for install. Do the pumps have to be supplied from a Essex/surrey flange? How noisy we talking here? They are old but not deaf sadly. Tank is massive but good shout billy.

Downloads | Salamander Pumps

Some great installation guidelines by pump on their website above. Should tell you all you need to know about fitting them properly.

In many cases (if the owner is going to keep the house for a while) an unvented solution is cheaper in the longer term. Pumps tend to last around 5 years normally (if you are lucky) and 2x whole house pumps = the cost of an unvented cylinder.

Thanks, I agree did mention unvented but think cost would be prohibitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone fitted whole house pumps? Particularly Salamander in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, After years of using a pumped electric shower (Triton t80 pumped), it's now dying and I'd like to replace it with a 'normal' mixer shower...
Replies
Views
Background I have a small one-bedroom flat in the roof space in a victorian house. There are three floors below and each floor has a single...
Replies
Views
My house was a bungalow that was extended up into the roof, and a bathroom installed up there. The hot water cylinder remains on the ground floor...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm new to this site and have basic knowledge of plumbing. I'm trying to fit a water pump on the floor of my cupboard to increase the...
Replies
Views
A customer of mine lives in an old cottage that has been extended. They have three loft areas that are completely separated. The CWSC is in one...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock