Discuss Anyone know how to close stiff stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Adjustable spanner on the tap head, gently does it wiggling side to side, usually goes after a few times, but Scott’s is sound advice as well.

Many thanks as well. If I wiggle the tap head gently is it possible that I can do damage and water will go everywhere when the mains is back on?

If you mean coming from the stoptap itself then no not usually, if it’s too stiff you can break them, but can be hard to do that. As a Rob has suggested try a lubricant of some sort.

Reply to Anyone know how to close stiff stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Hi, as you can see pictured I have a stopcock without a packing gland. Over the past few days my cistern inlet was suffering from an airlock and...
Replies
Views
Hi I'd be very grateful for any advice. My Ariston microGenus boiler is at least 20 years old. Every few years I've had to repressurize it. I've...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi All. I am trying to locate the stopcock in my property. After a good few hours searching I think I may have found it - but would like some...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock