Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone know the current scrap copper prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know the current scrap copper prices?

about a month ago it was pretty low.
roughly a bit over £2 a kilo for copper
a bit under th £2 for brass

well if that bloke in North Korea gets his way, I see a potential rise in the future if half of Asia starts to glow

I got £2.40 per kilo for brazy last week, brass was around £2 and clean copper was (I think) £2.70

I got £15 quid last month for a standard sized cylinder.... I remember they used to be nearly double that

I got £15 quid last month for a standard sized cylinder.... I remember they used to be nearly double that

Double! They were worth at least £50 for a standard indirect cylinder for a while. Indirect cylinders are approx 10 to 15 kilo for normal sizes of 30" or 36" or 42" x18". At about £4 or more it once was a kilo for brazery it soon added up

I've got a garage full and could do with clearing it but hate the thought of handing it over at low value.

It won't be going up for a decent while yet. Worth splitting the cylinder and taking out the soft copper for a bit more cash if you can be arsed.

I ordered a skip and had a bit of room left over so chucked all my old rads and boilers on the top as its not worth taking them in and I can't get a scrap bloke to collect it.

I've got my scrap stored in my shed at the moment as its not worth taking in but as soon as I have a van full I will take it in. It is money for nothing really and although it would be nice to get more for it seeing as though it is a waste product from our job anything is a bonus.

I have thought about melting it down into bars so it can be stored easier.

I have thought about melting it down into bars so it can be stored easier.

That would take a lot of energy and energy (for these purposes) isn't likely to be of the free sort. You'd lose as much money in time, energy costs and effort as you are already losing because of the low price at the moment.

I have got a copper cylinder and other brazery to scrap. Price here is £2.65 per kilo for brazery.

I'm only getting £1.90 here in Guernsey but the price has always been lower than the UK as there are costs in shipping the scrap off island. This price is for nice clean copper, all cut into small pieces less than 100mm long.

£2.85 per kilo for brazery copper
£1.85 for brass lately

other way round round me :( got more for copper than brass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone know the current scrap copper prices in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath the boiler is difficult with lots of obstacles, is it okay if I run soldered copper over / across the top of the boiler? It'll be about 4" off the top...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock