Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone recognise what this buildup is around hex in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Gmaule

Gas Engineer
Anyone recognise what this buildup is around pipe going into the hex on a Worcester greenstar 30CDi

its my own boiler

Just passed my ACS and was having a nosey inside the boiler when I noticed this buildup

the condI trap was also blocked with the black metallic gunk.....................I had to clear it out and quite a bit of it was solid lumps of the black metallic gunk that I had to use a screwdriver to break it up before flushing it out .......the condi hose was clear though and not blocked

the boiler had been make noises but this has since gone away since the condi trap was cleaned out

thanks guys

Attachments

• D6953A76-76BE-4545-82D7-17A26EA4CBC0.jpeg
    D6953A76-76BE-4545-82D7-17A26EA4CBC0.jpeg
    443.3 KB · Views: 26
best to turn the boiler off and leave it off until you can get parts as theres a few immediately serious faults

Reply to Anyone recognise what this buildup is around hex in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Agree
Hi all, We've bought a property that has a Worcester Greenstar 37CDi boiler installed, with an old British Gas RS2 Thermostat linked to it. I'm...
Replies
Views
Philip B
P
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Condensing boiler installed by local Gas Safe plumber in 2014, not combi. Failed a couple of weeks ago with flashing blue light which googling...
Replies
Views
Hi. We’ve had rather a lot of noise issues with our radiators since we had a new boiler installed. Our radiators other than 2 more recent ones...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock