Search the forum,

Discuss Approval queue - Leave listings that aren't fully filled in Unapproved for now in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Approval queue - Leave listings that aren't fully filled in Unapproved for now. I need to work on them before they go live with just an email address and phone number in. :)

Cheeeeeerrrsssss

the directory listings that people are filling in with their business details :)

Here harv in the pic

Attachments

• 2421C858-93F1-41FC-801B-5387C7D20680.png
    2421C858-93F1-41FC-801B-5387C7D20680.png
    151.4 KB · Views: 3
Hang on they've disappeared lol

Let me unapprove them again and you'll see them in the queue.

Attachments

• 26EE48C6-218D-439C-8E0F-B49B32758788.png
    26EE48C6-218D-439C-8E0F-B49B32758788.png
    161.2 KB · Views: 3
Here's a direct link: https://www.plumbersforums.net/approval-queue/

Any listings that aren't all pretty and full of images (and ones I haven't optimised) will do more harm than good for the forum and the owner of the listing, and other listings too.

So I need to tart them up, help the first 50 or so get ranking, and show others how it's done via them.

So it's my fault.

Lou is going to give them a go tomorrow, so she will edit them and then approve them.

For now, leave them unapproved for me. :)

daves one looks fine what more could someone add or did you just pic one for harv to see ? Eg example

Some good listings on TilersForums.com that we've worked with the owners of to create, they're already getting calls from them, if you search google for their main area (it's obvious in the listing when they've been done right what area that is) you will see they rank first or second page every time:-
There is an instructional thread here helping members rank, and we have a thread in the tilersforums arms where I'm replying to them as they're making changes so I can help optimise them.

As a result, we're not only giving back to regular members, we've got more traffic from search engines to our forums, and that means more members and threads and posts. Which is what I guess my job is lol

:)

A listing with a phone number in A) wont get used on the forum and B) wont rank in Google and C) will do more harm than good

Last edited:
Is it worth putting mine on there? Does it cost anything?
Hell no it's free lol

Once a category has a fair few listings in it (we did manage to have half a dozen in each on the old forum as Lou and I did them all manually and it took a year lol) we will even be able to feature listings so they scroll across the top of all listing categories regardless of the category you're viewing. But it would look stupid activating it with only 1 listing in 4 categories right now.

This new system uses the core forum software, so when we need to upgrade in a couple of years time and it changes the forum a bit, the core system will still exist. So we wont ever lose these again. Hence me wanting to get them right the first time around.

We've started on the sparky forum and we have some submissions in, but are yet to show them how it's done like we have on tilers.

Problem is, while I'm doing all their listings, I'm taken away from our own work, so I've wanted to introduce it a bit at a time kinda thing.

Categories are on this page: Find a Plumber in England

There isn't one for Birmingham on its own. So choose one and submit it there, but then we'll optimise the listing for a few counties if you need rank for a few. So stick the areas you want to rank for in a bullet pointed list in the listing and we'll pick it up from those for you. :)

If you pm me your business details and website if you have one I can sort it for you.

If you dont have a website then just write a bit about what you do and i will pep it up a bit

Reply to Approval queue - Leave listings that aren't fully filled in Unapproved for now in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
I’m about to embark on a new listed building restoration project. There are seven bedrooms and three bathrooms, one of which in downstairs so not very convenient. I’ll be looking to sell on once completed and people basically expect a bathroom per bedroom these days 🙄 so need to get creative. As...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH. I've got quite good at it over the years being able to recognise the manifold brand and generation by just looking at it but then I have to go through...
Replies
Views
Morning. I have a leak. It’s coming from the connector pipe….the picture shows the pipe. It is a cold water pipe going in to the back of my dishwasher. I assume the washer may need a replacement. Anyway I cannot for the life of me turn the water off I.e at this cap. I understand I should turn...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock