Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Aqua scale inhibitor on cylinder cold fed? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Simon.h

Hi all,
As you may know i have no hot water from Tribune Premier tank and as i checked the pressure reducing valve & strainer and now think its got to be the cylinder is scaled up. I have noticed there is also a Aqua dial combi scale inhibitor between the pressure reducing valve and the cylinder on the cold mains fed.

Is this right?

Is it a 22mm one and has it had a new cartridge it needs changing every 12months

Yes its a 22mm and was last changed at the end of 2009. So if i got one of these why is my cylinder scaled up?

Its over due a change then.

Is the cylinder scaled up? What are the symptons

Hi, no hot water pressure, if i turn hot tap on i get some water then slows down, so no baths or shower. I have removed and checked the pressure reducing valve & strainer and all fine and still have good cold pressure on 1st floor as this comes off the pressure valve.

How have you tested Pressure reducing valve, I think the problem must be that.

I have not tested the pressure reducing valve, but as the cold water for the 1st floor comes off after it and i still have got good cold pressure on all 1st floor taps/shower/bath.

there could be a blockage in the scale inhibitor - I'd check that first, and if it's ok I'd look for a plumber with his unvented ticket and a wetvac.

Well ive checked the scale inhibiter and the small holes which run to/back from the 't' to the cartridge looks blocked, but i have removed the 't' which is cut into the cold fed and its clear. So as i checked every thing in the cold fed to the cylinder it can only be a scaled up cylinder!
Why has it scaled up then ive got a scale inhibiter?
How will a wetvac help?

Thanks
Simon.

if the scale reducer has the possibility of causing a blockage then its not a good idea to have it between the pressure relief valave and the cylinder. is the pressure relief valve before or after the scale reducer?

if the scale reducer has the possibility of causing a blockage then its not a good idea to have it between the pressure relief valave and the cylinder
He said reducing, not relief. And yes, if it was relief that would indeed be bad!

Hi, Its between the cylinder and the reducing and pressure relief valve!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Aqua scale inhibitor on cylinder cold fed? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock