Discuss Aqualisa shower leaking and other things! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Beanfeast

Hi

Last night I replaced the catridge in my Aqualisa shower to stop it dripping, unfortunately it seems I've just made it worse! There's an O ring that needs replacing behind the catridge that I have a replacement for but I just can't get to it to get it out - I'm thinking it must be this that is causing the leak. Does anyone have any idea how to remove something like this?

Also I had to empty the hot water tank before doing this work and after I finished doing the job the radiators in my house were sooo much hotter this morning - almost worryingly so, and there is a kind of air escaping noise coming from the attic - anyone any idea what that might be? I've bled all the radiators but there's no air in them...
Could the hot water/heating system just be refilling itself and getting rid of any trapped air?

[DLMURL="http://www.diytools.co.uk/diy/Main/sp-63-4615-27319-draper-4-piece-mini-pick-and-hook-set.asp"]Draper 4 Piece Mini Pick and Hook Set - 35099 - Seal Tools - Draper Tools - DIY and Tools from DIYTools.co.uk - Your First Stop For All Things DIY ![/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
That's exactly what I need! Unfortunately I've just phoned my local plumbers merchants who not only close at 1pm today, but they don't sell anything like this either. I'll have to order one for future use...

I don't suppose anyone can shed any light on what's happening with my boiler though can you?

In the absence of the right tool for the job a large safety pin opened out will suffice. Don't forget to put a bit of silicon grease on the new o ring.
When you say you emptied your hot water cylinder did you really do that or did you shut off the feed to the cold water storage and run nthe hot until it stopped?

Ah, I thought they were the same thing lol. In that case I shut off the feed to the cold water storage and ran the hot water until it stopped. The cold water storage tank emptied at the same time, thinking back though I remember the last of the hot water was very hot - not cold as expected if it was draining through direct from the cold water storage.

How would this affect the system anyway - do you think it would affect it at all?

Since this, I've had a plumber out who refitted the new cartridge again but he also couldn't get the O ring out - not that he actually really tried! Since he couldn't actually stop the shower leaking he didn't charge for being there which was very nice of him, so I've now put the old cartidge back in after cleaning it up a little and it still drips but not quite so badly. The plumber recommended I call out an Aqualisa plumber to do the job properly as he wasn't 100% sure why the shower was still leaking...

I have same problem with removing O ring, hot water constantly dripping.... thanks for the tips

I have same problem with removing O ring, hot water constantly dripping.... thanks for the tips

Getting the old O ring removed is not the only problem - you will have to be careful fitting the new one! Tip I would add, is to, first block the bottom hole to the outlet for shower head, if there is one, with a rag temporarily. Then put O ring over a screwdriver blade, push the screwdriver against the centre of back of shower & simply slide the O ring down blade & push it in groove. Use a little silicone grease to fit cartridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Aqualisa shower leaking and other things! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock