Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Are there TWO types of brackets for square guttering? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem fitting a standard bracket over the guttering, but when I get to the hopper, the barcket will not fit over both the gutter and hopper. Is there another size or type of bracket for connecting gutter & hopper together?

Last edited:
A photo would say a million words here? Hopper normally has screw holes in back of it and the joint is built in

OK, only one type of bracket. Where am I going wrong- I cannot clip the bracket over the gutter and hopper. There simply does not seem to be enough room in part of the bracket that is allocated for this.

OK, only one type of bracket. Where am I going wrong- I cannot clip the bracket over the gutter and hopper. There simply does not seem to be enough room in part of the bracket that is allocated for this.

As previously pointed out

There is holes in the hopper to fix it to the facia boards no need for a bracket

Yes, I understand what is being said there, but how am I going to clip my gutter to the hopper?

Do you mean Hopper;

[DLMURL="http://www.drainageonline.co.uk/Floplast-68mm-Round-Plastic-Downpipe/68mm-Round-Downpipe-Rainwater-Hopper.-RHS1.htm?gclid=CJ_7hf7zzbkCFbIPtAod4wMAFw"]68mm Round Downpipe Rainwater Hopper. RHS1 | Floplast 68mm Round Plastic Downpipe | Drainage Online[/DLMURL]

Or running or end outlet;

112mm Half Round Running Outlet. RO1 | Floplast 112mm Half Round Plastic Guttering | Drainage Online

Running outlets have built in clips to hold the gutter in place.
Hoppers collect more than 1 downpipe or outlet.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is as you say a running outlet. I`ve worked out where I was going wrong though. I had slid the gutter too far in, (past the hole). That bit of plastic protruding at the side of the hole was under the gutter preventing the gutter seating correctly (nearly broke my fingers trying to press the clip in to place):blush5:
If you had not asked me to get a photo I may not have noticed that. Thanks for ALL the replies.:grouphug: Hopper.jpg

Remember to cut it to the correct length so you don't get the noise in the summer sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Are there TWO types of brackets for square guttering? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock