Search the forum,

Discuss Barrier vs MLC pipe, whats the difference? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HairyFool

Looking to install underfloor heating in a new extension and had already set on barrier pipe. The local merchant is an Uponor agent and is pushing their MLCP

There is some variation on the construction of Barrier but most match MLC exactly so what's the difference?

It's a multi layer pipe has a layer of aluminium in it and it's more rigid that's about it
Good on some jobs but for a simple underfloor domestic job
Barrier is good
Uponor is too expensive

That's why I asked the question. £70 vs £130. True it takes a little more digging to find the spec because some Barrier is resin based but others are Ali similar to the Uponor offering.

Just wanted to be sure I was not missing something.

If your using a clip down system onto insulation. You will find the uponor easier to clip down. With others you will need to keep it from rising up when clipping round corners.
there are ways to prevent this but it's not easy to put into words.

Uponor is good for rolling out and it staying roughly where you want, but its expensive and the controls side is poor.

Use wundafloor.
mclp pipe without the expense! Make sure you order the long clips.

Seen the advertising on facebook, any good?

Used loads. Great company to deal with, email plans/ scale drawings. Of even a sketch. Get a price (cheap) they hold the price for 6 months with a £50 deposit.
Order before 5pm and it's on site next day.
had one problem with a faulty flow restrictor. They sent me 5 spare ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Barrier vs MLC pipe, whats the difference? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi folks, I'm a bit concerned with what the Gas Transporter is proposing regarding a replacement pipe install to the properties in the close I...
Replies
Views
First - an apology for monopolising the forum with all my plumbing questions! I'm hoping this will be my last and I'll move onto something else...
Replies
Views
P
Hi there, please help dont have a clue how to set this up. Ive recently installed a complete new central heating system in my house myself. The...
Replies
Views
I wanted to start a new more dedicated thread as I am on about 3 just now in one way or another trying to get up to speed with my problem. The...
Replies
Views
Like many people I have one of the dreaded pulsing showers once it is switched off. I read many posts here and elsewhere on the internet and came...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock