Search the forum,

Discuss Basic question regarding CH pipe run in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maccadam

Hi all,

Should the feed or return be nearest to the bottom of the rads?

I'm fitting to a boat and they will fit neatly one above the other, but not side by side.

I appreciate the hot water rises so guess feed pipe nearest rads?

Cheers

David (not a plumber )

Can't get what you mean, as your terminology is a bit off.

A feed is a pipe that would supply cold water yo top up the system
The return is the pipe that has been through rad/ cylinder and is returning to the heat source.

I'm presuming you are using a stove? So would be working on gravity. This would need a flow pipe continuously rising from the heat source to the top of the radiator. Then the return would be connected to the opposite bottom end of the radiator.

Can't get what you mean, as your terminology is a bit off.

A feed is a pipe that would supply cold water yo top up the system
The return is the pipe that has been through rad/ cylinder and is returning to the heat source.

I'm presuming you are using a stove? So would be working on gravity. This would need a flow pipe continuously rising from the heat source to the top of the radiator. Then the return would be connected to the opposite bottom end of the radiator.

My sisters boat is all in 22mm copper.

Gravity or pumped ?

Gravity or pumped ?

To all that responded, many thanks.

I'm using 22mm copper, 2 pipe system, hot to rads and a return pipe carrying the 'cold'... apologies about terminology. I'll be running a diesel webasto, it has intergrated pump.

Interestingly I will also have a stove with back boiler (1.5 kW to back boiler, 3 to stove). I will also connect this to the same rads/pipes as diesel heater. Will have divert after calorifier taking water away from diesel heater. Separate pump for stove.

Only problem I foresee (I'm not a plumber or heating engineer) is the diesel heater has to cool the heating chamber slowly of its own accord, so some how I supply it water whilst stove is on, or I only turn on stove when diesel heater has cooled.

Diesel heater can be put on timer so boat warm when I get home, then I switch off and put stove on.

Cheers

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Basic question regarding CH pipe run in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm in a bit of a bind with a current CH install where I need to install a filter prior to a flush but no where to install My issue is the return on the combi (ideal 35) runs directly behind the boiler then up through the ceiling so I have no clearance to even attempt to snake it out to fit a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have just installed a vented McDonald 250L thermal store, it is for multi fuel but currently just connected to a standard oil boiler in the garage which is fully pumped to the TS, the system has two pumps both basic 3speed Grunfoss, one on the boiler return and the other on the CH flow...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the normal radiators get hot but two of the three towel heater/radiators don't get hot and the pipes feeding them are cool to the touch even after the boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a strange grating noise when the mains water is running in a property I'm looking after. It's a ground floor flat, with a first floor flat above it, and both share the same mains water pipe, and I believe the stopcock behind the washing machine isolates all water to both properties...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock