Discuss Basic sink question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tosh

Sorry for the basic-ness of this question but I don;t know the answer and it's the only way to learn.

The measurements for kitchen sinks is it the outside size of the sink or the size of the whole it needs?

E.G. 1.5 bowl stainless sink 960mm x 500mm
Is this the outside/maximum size of the sink edge to edge

Or the inside size of the hole needed to drop it into.

The reason I ask is a customer asked me to exchange their sink (my first one) and I'm having real trouble getting one to match in size but then I've measured the outised sink length and bredth.

Many thank

Tosh.

Even if you get one the same size you may find that it will require some alteration to the worktop as the shape and design of the underside of the sink may be different.

Mark.

that's great guys thanks for that.
I don't mind if the new sink is bigger I can soon cut more of the work top out but struggling to find what they want in the size of thier old sink.

many thanks again guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Basic sink question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
I've done a few and they seem to involve quite a lot of nonsense before you start work. Measure the sink, measure the work surface around it and...
Replies
Views
secret squirrel
S
A
Hi Folks New to this forum and a little scared of plumbing, to be honest. :o Anyway, maybe someone can help me here? We want to hook up a...
Replies
Views
bobpape
B
J
Hi; first post and I am a newbie. I am fitting my own kitchen using a pre made plan. i have bought a Howdens Kitchen and along one wall from...
Replies
Views
PLUMB111
P
E
I want to change the washer in a kitchen mixer tap (I have changed before abput 10years ago ) but this time i seem to be at a loss as to how to...
Replies
Views
E
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock