Search the forum,

Discuss Basic two pipe system for my 3 rad narrowboat heating install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have a diesel water heater to install into a narrowboat i am currently fitting out.

Which heating layout would be better?

I have been advised on a two pipe reverse return plumbing layout rather than a direct return?

Here are some basic diagrams I drew up

I have also put a manual tap after the T piece to be able to just have the hot water tank - is this ok, there is no 240v for a electric valve?

Also what pipe sizes would be recommended?

2 Pipe Direct Return

Appreciate any advice in advance

Mitch

Use a 12v normally closed relay then! And yes reverse return good. Hope you've got a water cooled genny and engine your using to heat your heating!

what s the out put of the heater if its just a small webasto or eberspacher i would think it can all be done in 15mm

Its a 5kw eberspacher - is there any down sides of using 15mm over 22mm? If not may aswell use the 15??

p.s thanks for the replys.

mitch

22 better delivery lowerd pump head but u probably be ok with 15 or even 10

Sisters running 22mm off coal fire & back burner on her boat and know of an diesel eberspacher with 15mm on a 70ft boat.

Got a feeling Canalboat.co.uk covered this earlier this year, might be worth a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Basic two pipe system for my 3 rad narrowboat heating install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t look well piped , kinky in pipes in some places ,some of the rad don’t heat up too well , probably because of the badly piped system, the pipe is all...
Replies
Views
Hi all , on a pressurised heating system is it ok to take a flow and return up into the loft and down again to install new radiator also would it be prudent to put AAV at the high point , thanx in advance . Howy
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I currently have an ideal mexico 2 heat only boiler - It has one DAB pump on the boiler return and a 2 port valve at the flow pipe to allow for heating...
Replies
Views
I have a heating system comprised of skirting radiators that form part of a loop from the boiler, round the house and back. Some rooms get warmer than others despite closing off the skirting radiator heat vent. They are designed to house the finned heating pipe and a return pipe, the latter...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock