Discuss Bath waste silicone or use top washer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
When installing a bath wash that comes with a foam top washer, do you use this or throw it and use silicone? Also do most people put silicone on the bottom washer always?

Never use the top foam washer , i always use silicone , the washers that come with wastes arent any good especially as the fibre glass baths are never smooth ,

The foam washers really aren't any use for anything.
I use Forever white silicone top and bottom.
Silicone on both sides of washer also

Thanks, does anyone bother with a bit of silicone on the tap washer if its having a shower ran of the bath taps. ,?

Thanks, does anyone bother with a bit of silicone on the tap washer if its having a shower ran of the bath taps. ,?

How do you mean?
If you are thinking of do taps or tap mixers require sealing to the bath, - then, yes they do.
The amount of water is a lot going around taps and I like to centre the taps on the holes in the bath and prefer to silicone them in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bath waste silicone or use top washer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Do any of you guys use a silicone to seal between the bath and waste rubber underneath? The bath is only a cheap one and the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm installing my first Belfast/butler kitchen sink. It came with the waste and stainless steel drain. To my surprise the kit only has one...
Replies
Views
My bathroom Basin was installed some years ago by a professional plumber. For whatever reason, the waste was fitted using silicone rather than...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have just installed a pop up waste on new basin. I have siliconed the top with the washer, and the water holds inside the basin with...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Desperately in need of help. Getting very annoyed with myself Replaced the click plug in my bathroom for a new Basin Slotted one along...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock