Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Bathroom sink very slow drain mystery in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

L.F

The bathroom was refitted 10 years ago. Everything was fine until a couple of years ago. The basin is very slow draining and you can see the water coming up from the P trap and then filling up the basin. I've tried drain unblockers etc. and also put a hose with a snug fitting nozzle into the downpipe. To my surprise the water flows freely at full hose pressure (which suggests the drain isn't blocked), yet, if I lift it out of the downpipe it fills up the basin. The P trap is clean and doesn't seem to have anything wrong with it. Should I try another P trap, please, or does anyone have any other ideas?

Remove the trap and thoroughly clean the waste fitting and grid/strainer from above and below.
It never ceases to amaze me how what looks like a bit of soap and a few hairs can cause this problem. I find cotton buds and a small screwdriver good for this, if you have an o-ring picking tool even better.

Reply to Bathroom sink very slow drain mystery in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I have an issue and hoping someone could shed some light on the problem. We have been getting a smell coming up in the bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a mystery, my bathroom has a sewage smell appears to get far worse 5pm-9pm. I have plugged my bathroom/sink with plugs and its 100%...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock