Discuss Baxi 105e CH loud screeching/whining in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, around 3 week following a diverter overhaul with a valve and seal kit (due to leak between diverter housing and diff housing) the noise started to occur within a few minutes of activating CH. I'm pretty sure the noise is coming from the diverter and it is carried along pipework in walls and onto rads. Opening a HW tap the noise stops immediately, and fully opening all trv's significantly reduces the noise and sometimes entirely, but not quite as effectively as HW tap does. The heat exchanger doesn't appear to be particularly mucky, but I did notice a small amount of loose black flaky bits knocking about. My intention is to try some X200 cleaner, see if that helps at all. Please help, the noise is unbearable!

Any advice is very welcome and much appreciated

Reply to Baxi 105e CH loud screeching/whining in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, about 3 weeks after overhauling the diverter and diff valves with valve and seal kit, the noise started to occur seemingly from the diverter...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hoping you can help me out. We had building work last summer and added a few radiators on both ground first floor. We also replaced our...
Replies
Views
B
Hi there, We have a Worcester 24i Junior Combi boiler. The house is rented and I have no information about service or installation history, the...
Replies
Views
ben341
B
S
Hi All, First post here and I'm hoping for some assistance to quell my worries and let me have a good night sleep. Before I start, I would...
Replies
Views
scottiecb19
S
Back