Discuss Baxi fire front compatability in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Baxi 552 back boiler,don't laugh but because it's been so good I want to keep as long as poss. My gas guy has told me i now need a replacement fire front so I am looking out for one.As I understand there are two fronts for this boiler one with ceramic radiants which is mine and one with coals and a glass front.Will the latter one fit mine without any modification.Thank you

So I guess I can't get an answer on here,just wanted to do a bit of groundwork, didn't really want to phone Baxi myself as I can imagine they would be a bit stand offish re the fittment of pre owned parts.

So I guess I can't get an answer on here,just wanted to do a bit of groundwork, didn't really want to phone Baxi myself as I can imagine they would be a bit stand offish re the fittment of pre owned parts.
So are we .
We can’t recommend buying a second hand fire front, to an already very old boiler.

So are we .
We can’t recommend buying a second hand fire front, to an already very old boiler.

OP: Be careful, as fires that fit the 401, the 551 and the 552 will look similar - but are not compatible. Only use a fire that has come off the same model. You are likely to need a new connector as well, but the RGI should be able to sort that out.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I have been (IMO, extroadinarilty) edited, I will rephrase it:
OP: provided all is done safely, there is nothing wrong with using an old fire or boiler. Whwn Chalked says "We" it should not be taken, categorically, as referring to a greater number of professionals than himself

Reply to Baxi fire front compatability in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
P
So, we were quoted for a Baxi boiler by a local boiler man. He came out and installed a Main. He said it's a Baxi. It's not what we were quoted...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the...
Replies
Views
Hey folks, I'm wondering if someone could possibly help, I'm looking for a possible part number b4 I call ideal in the morning, I fitted an...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Morning all, hope I can get some help here without calling out an engineer again. Long story short, we had an old RF mechanical clock-type stat...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock