Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Solo HE 18 - won't light! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JE-P&H

Gas Engineer
After a bit of advice this boiler has really thrown me.

Called to a Baxi Solo He 18 that the customer would have to reset 5 times + for the boiler to stay lit it seemed to be lighting for literally a second then going out.

I stripped it down expecting an electrode fault but nothing noticeably wrong with the boiler except the red combustion door seal was damaged so replaced that also replaced the electrodes as I had a spare set on the van.

Now I cant even get the boiler to light for a second I can hear it sparking but it will go through 5 cycles fail to ignite and go to lockout. I can smell gas in the chamber afterwards so assume the gas valve is letting it through but not lighting? OP is also correct at 19mb

Anyone experienced a similar fault or have any ideas I'm at a loss and considering changing the gas valve??
Any help would be much appreciated!

these can have a bad seal on the burner and they updated it to ceramic i think even they can break their seal other than that are you getting correct voltage at gas valve

thanks for the reply the burner looks ok to me anything in particular I should be looking for? What voltage should I be looking for on the gas valve Baxi technical were no help when I asked for the voltages! Is the seal that attaches the burner to the fan ever a problem?

The burner I had a problem with you could almost lift the ceramic out of the metal box

Checked the burner all good but made some progress! Found if I slightly block the venturi boiler fires up straight away and then if I take it away it stay lit! So think I'm looking at Gas/Air mix. tested the Gas valve 4.5k resistance the voltage is down slightly at 220vdc manual says 240vdc is this low enough to cause a problem?

Your probably on the right track with the gas valve. Probably not giving the correct mix to ignite. If it's got 220v on it, it should be opening, but you don't know what's happening inside.

On a side note, each time I have had this problem there has been water leakage on RHS into the little copper tube which goes to the gas valve.

Your probably on the right track with the gas valve. Probably not giving the correct mix to ignite. If it's got 220v on it, it should be opening, but you don't know what's happening inside.

On a side note, each time I have had this problem there has been water leakage on RHS into the little copper tube which goes to the gas valve.

It looked like there has been water on the right hand side possibly condensate blockage could that effect the copper tube is it just a case of blowing it through? 220vdc is enough to open it fully then so unlikely to be PCB?

had problems with solo gas valves in the past, and from what I remember they are not cheep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Solo HE 18 - won't light! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock