Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Baxi System Boiler 35/60 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TINO

Hi all - First post so please be kind.

I have a problem with my Baxi System Boiler 35/60. In cold weather, the flames don't ignite so don't get heating or hot water.

To get around the problem last winter I set up a fan heater to turn on with a timer switch 10 minutes before the boiler was due to kick in. As its already starting to get colder and the weather change I thought I'd ask some advice now before I have to hook up the heater and timer plug again as its playing up again already.

I've had a few plumbers out to it and they serviced it last year and the year before and said there was nothing wrong with it but then a few weeks later it starts playing up again, so get another plumber out and and again they can't find anything wrong.

Also is it usual for this type of boiler to be in the loft above the hot water tank - what sort of boiling system setup is this ?

I'm a complete novice at things like this but if I have instructions I can follow then I'm fine!

Many thanks

Matt

You really need an engineer to look at it when it's not working, unfortunately.
Can you remember which lights on the display were flashing , if any.
This gives clues as to where to look for the fault.
Past experience I've found when the weather changes to cold, Baxi's have had problems with their PCB. or air pressure switch, but I wouldn't change these without seeing the boiler..
You say the boiler is in the loft, has it a frost stat fitted in the loft? [ don't get confussed with the frost stat in the boiler]
If you haven't I'd recommend one & a pipe stat to be fitted.
The pipe stat is fitted onto the return & will switch off the boiler once the pipe has got upto temp, If only a frost stat fitted in the loft, the house would get over hot as the loft isn't going to heat up.
This may or may not help your boiler prob, but if it's locking out in cold weather, it's going fire the boiler before it gets too cold, certainly stopping the pipes freezing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi System Boiler 35/60 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any...
Replies
Views
I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock